Saturday 11 June 2016

Distress and Disbelief - What have we become....

I am not one for Political debate. I consider myself essentially a Humanitarian, a Nurse, and hopefully above or apart from Political affinities. But tonight something happened that kicked me over the edge - and I want to share my anger. But I am tonight tired of diplomacy and avoiding controversy. I am tired of the endless political and media lies - and a lack of humanity towards our sisters and brothers. 

I have watched with growing distress and alarm World events of recent months and  years. The barbarism of terrorism, torture, vicious execution, coupled with the indifference of the wealthy political elite. I cannot believe the turmoil that we find ourselves in, the posturing of absurd pompous self interested politicians and public figures. I am also increasingly shocked by the bias of media, and the corruption of public office.

I have never been so disillusioned with the establishment, and the extreme hate prevalent in our society to the poor, homeless, vulnerable and displaced. Where did we lose our global compassion. Where is our common compassion, empathy, generosity. How have we apparently lost all of these qualities that made us so human.

I am a child of a time of great global revolution, of human rights and equality for all. And yet today I see a social order of injustice, racism, self interest and unspeakable violence. WHY!

As I said - I am not one for Political or Philosophical rhetoric. I have watched quietly and with increasing distress at humans elevating inhumanity to man.  But then tonight I saw an image on Facebook that overwhelmed me. 

I hear the media ranting about "immigrants" and all the social rhetoric that attracts from all parties and political and social parties.

AND THEN I I SAW THIS..... 



I am a Grandfather - I have little boys who sleep next to me, who love me and I love them. They love their Bambi. This could be them - cold and dead on a beach. It turns my stomach....

Don't tell me that immigrants and refugees are a problem. That little boy drowned, scared, frightened and alone - because of some peoples high minded nationalistic and racist ideas - is that OK?. Proud to be British - I think not. 

We're a BIG ISLAND - there is room for the dispossessed, the the homeless. There is money for all if there is social equality. Thee can be NO ROOM for  tolerating and accepting DEAD CHILDREN ON BEACHES - because we are apparently British! 

To be British should be to extend the hand of compassion, care, community, secularism, globalism, inclusivism, equality.... ETC 

WE CANNOT TOLERATE OR OVERLOOK DROWNED TODDLERS AS A RESULT OF SO CALLED IMMIGRATION POLICIES.

I WISH I COULD GIVE HIM A CWTCH.... GIVE HIM A HUG - TELL HIM  STORY 

TELL HIM I LOVED HIM .... 

I TELL YOU WHAT 

ALL WE NEED IS LOVE 

------------------

AFTER THOUGHT 

The day after I 1st posted this I woke up to hear that 50 young people had been murdered in Orlando - because they were Gay - because of who they loved!

Please world - lets stop the violence. the racism, hate, homophobia, sexism. Please world - GROW UP..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment