Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Evening Office Cleaner

THE ONGOING TALE OF THE EVENING OFFICER CLEANER

A TALE OF COURAGE, AMBITION AND SUCCESS 

------------------------------------------- 


16-4-2014 


A Funny Thing Happened At The Office Today.....

Now those of you who know me know that I keep a well stocked large jar of boiled sweets in my office, Humbugs, Pear Drops etc etc. These I dish out liberally to students and staff. Its my little eccentricity. Over the years I have often left a note on the jar telling the evening cleaners (who I have never met) to "have a sweetie". Occasionally I have had notes back saying "thank you".

Today I was sitting in my office (door open as always). Outside was a small group of brand new shiney student nurses all laughing and happy - they were waiting to see their personal tutor. I went out with my jar and offered them a sweetie. One young woman looked at me and said "I have had your sweeties before - I love your office".

Lisa Jones had been my evening office cleaner - who left me little thank you notes. She would browse around my Nursing books - and was inspired to become a nurse. Well done Lisa - we are proud to have you with us.

Students are - THE FUTURE







----------------------------------------------------------

29-7-2014 - UPDATE ON Student Nurse LISA

Today I met Lisa as she bounced down the Corridor - resplendent in her Purple Uniform. Beaming she handed me a letter - written by a patient she had cared for. The letter glowed with praise for the care she had given to the author, a man who had suffered a Stroke. Lisa he described as a wonderful caring Student Nurse.

Well done Lisa - We knew you would do us credit...

Remember - we didn't tell you it would be easy - we told you it would be worth it!


---------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 27-1-2017

THE EVENING OFFICE CLEANER IS NOW A REGISTERED NURSE

AND ITS ALSO HER BIRTHDAY!

CONGRATULATIONS LISA

------------------------------ 

UPDATE 3-3-2017 

GRADUATION BALL
'STAFF NURSE' LISA JONES

------------------------
UPDATE 17-4-2017 

STAFF NURSE JONES


Remember - we didn't tell you it would be easy - we told you it would be worth it!

 UPDATE 24-7-2017 

The Evening Office Cleaner Graduates

“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou

Lisa - Holds the Lamp High.... 

"Nursing - its a reflex - its what you do" If you're a nurse you will understand this ... #Nursing When your poorly #Nurses Matter

The Brave Office Cleaner - now changing peoples world.....



1 comment:

  1. My Mum was a well respected ward domestic and told me "it's too late for me to train to be a nurse but you have youth and the option to do it". That was almost 40 years ago, so glad I took her advice back in 1975!

    ReplyDelete